Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Fathers Day Dad..

Dad passed away on the 20th of June 2009 at 10.50pm.

Once again I saw the last breath of a parent. Esther, Trixy, Steven, May and I were at his side. He went quite peacefully and very quickly, he chose Fathers day.

So many things happened before this, some good and some bad. I had a lot of time with dad, and spent as much of it with Dad as I could. He told me a lot in the final days, things that he had told me before, but with more meaning now. He made sure that he prepared the most important thing for us, especially me.. A home.

His last drink was Coke, and he enjoyed it.
His last fed meal was Tuna Mozarella that I FORCED fed, then he complained that I didn't give him chance to say NO.
The last conversation we had was with trix, steven and Esther.
The last acknowledgement he gave was to Ryan when they came to visit him last.

Thanks dad for everything. No father can take care of us and sacrifise for us as you have. You have done so much and there is no way to repay you now for what you have done.

( But I recited the wrong verse for you. You would have felt safer with
Even though I go thru the valley of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me )

1 comment:

kakD said...

Sidney
My deepest condolence to you and your family. Your dad and mum loved each other very much ( it was evident on how your mum would talk about him and their daily 'togetherness' in school) and his concern and care when she was sick....

God is Great and in your sorrow for his loss , you should always be glad of having a great man as a father to all of you, a loving grandpa to all his grandchildren and an ever so loving husband to your mum.
Once again , my deepest condolence to you and yr family

Dayang Lizzie
Sri KL Sec School